This form is used by any economic unit, public or private, in the United States that is involved with promoting economic growth (including increased export sales, improved regional productivity, job creation, or increased domestic capital investment) to:
- Ask USCIS to be designated as a regional center under the Immigrant Investor Program; or
- Request an amendment to a previously designated regional center. As detailed below, an amendment is required for certain changes to a designated regional center and is optional for other changes.
A. An amendment request must be filed to:
- Seek approval for any changes to the regional center’s name, ownership, or organizational structure, or any changes to the regional center’s administration that affect its oversight and reporting responsibilities, or to add or remove any of the regional center’s principals, immediately following the changed circumstances; or
- Change the geographic area of a regional center.
Note: For geographic area expansion requests made on or after February 22, 2017, the Form I-924 amendment must be approved before a Form I-526 petitioner may demonstrate eligibility at the time of filing his or her petition based on an investment in the expanded area.
B. An amendment request may be filed to:
- Change the industries of focus of the regional center;
- Add a new commercial enterprise associated with the regional center and/or seek a preliminary determination of EB-5 compliance for an exemplar Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, for that new commercial enterprise; or
- Notify USCIS of changes in the name, organizational structure or administration, capital investment instruments, or offering memoranda (including changes in the economic analysis and underlying business plan used to estimate job creation) for a previously added new commercial enterprise associated with the regional center.
Note: An I-924 amendment is not required to report changes of address, contact information, a change of duties among the regional center principals, changes to non-principal managing companies, contracting agents or similar changes, or information described in Item 2.B. above. The regional center must notify USCIS within 30 days of such changes. Notification of these changes can be made by emailing the EB-5 Program mailbox at: [email protected]. USCIS will review any changes submitted by email and may require or recommend, as appropriate, the regional center to file an I-924 Amendment.