I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)


To allow lawful permanent residents (LPRs), including LPRs with conditions, to apply for a travel document (carrier documentation) that allows an airline or other transportation carrier to board them without the airline or transportation carrier being penalized.

If you are an LPR, Form I-131A allows you to apply for a travel document if you:

  • Are returning from temporary overseas travel of less than one year, and your Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card or Form I 551) has been lost, stolen or destroyed; or
  • Are returning from temporary overseas travel of less than two years and your Reentry Permit has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

The length of the absence will be measured from the time you departed the U.S. to the time you pay the Form I-131A fee. You must have been an LPR when you left the U.S. and still be an LPR when you return to the U.S. If you abandoned your LPR status or it was terminated, you should not file Form I-131A.

If you are an LPR with an expired Green Card or are traveling with a child under 2 years old, please read the Special Instructions section below to determine whether you need to file Form I 131A.

Information for Indian tourists travelling by land:- 72 hours (-) C-19 report, CCMC form and Antigen Test at entry point