Use this form to request access to information under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Do not use this form:
- To determine the status of pending applications. For status inquires, write to the USCIS office where the application was filed or call our USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.
- For consular notification of a visa petition approval. Use Form I-824 Application for action on an Approved Application or Petition.
- For the return of original documents. Use Form G-884, Request for Return of Original Documents.
- For records of naturalization before Sept. 27, 1906. Contact the clerk of court where naturalization occurred.
- For information on USCIS manifest arrivals before December 1982. Contact the National Archives.
- To obtain proof of status, such as a Social Security benefit or Selective Service requirement.
- To obtain a Certification of Nonexistence of a Record, which involves an agency decision. The Office of Records Management prepares this documentation. Send a request for this service to:
Attn: Records Services Branch
1200 1st St. NE, 2nd Floor
Washington, D.C. 20529-2204