The interviewing officer uses this form to:
- Record the presence of an interpreter that you have provided for your USCIS interview;
- Document your satisfaction with the interpreter’s ability to interpret from English to your language, and from your language to English;
- Acknowledge that your interpreter may learn confidential information during your interview;
- Ensure the interpreter understands the requirements to serve as an interpreter, which includes accurately, literally, and fully interpreting for both you and the interviewing officer; and
- Notify you that the interviewing officer can deny permission for the interpreter to participate in the interview.